Protecting Your Privacy
The Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of South Australia is committed to providing a high standard of service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we are bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of South Australia Inc (RA&HS
The Charter of the RA&HS is to contribute to the success and promotion of primary industries, predominantly in South Australia through the staging of events and the rewarding of excellence.
This is achieved through:
- Ensuring the continued success and relevance of the Royal Adelaide Show to both industry and the community;
- Educating the community about the importance of Primary Industries in the economy and in their lives through bringing urban and country Australia together.
- Staging corporate, industry and community based events and exhibitions;
- Successfully operating and managing an exhibition, convention and public entertainment facility.
Your personal information
Personal information held by the RA&HS may include your name, position/title, post nominals, date of birth, marital status, partner’s name, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details and ABN Number.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves.
How we collect personal information
The RA&HS collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone, e-mail, web site or in documents, such as an application form;
- from third parties such as our service providers and organisations with similar or related objectives;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- if legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- administer the activities, functions and competitive entry sections of the RA&HS;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness;
- research and develop our events and services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order to provide you with a better service; and
- employ staff, consultants, agencies or other contractors to implement the Charter of the RA&HS.
The RA&HS adopts a policy of transparency as to the collection and use of any information. You have a right of access to information regarding yourself and also a right to be informed as to how it was collected and how it is proposed to be used.
When we disclose your personal information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside the RA&HS. The organisations to which we disclose information include:
- outsourced service providers, who manage the services we provide to you;
- your representatives (eg. your authorised representatives or legal advisers);
- credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations involved in managing our corporate risk; and
- Show visitors requesting information about your goods or services.
From time to time we may share personal information with joint venture partners or other third parties to promote (through direct mail, electronic means, including e-mail, and through the media) an event, service or product that we consider to be of personal and/or professional benefit to you.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
The RA&HS takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information, such as your name or address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
The RA&HS reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, you may contact us either by phone on 82105211 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays), e-mail at email@example.com or write to PO Box 108, GOODWOOD SA 5034.